A. General information Data protection at Messe Frankfurt
Visitors to the Messe Frankfurt Group internet portal can access many of the information offered there without registering. On subsequent pages, however, it is often necessary for you to enter company-related or personal data, so we can make an offer for the services required or send you information about our events. Naturally we are obligated to ensure that the data you have provided is given sufficient protection within our systems in accordance with the applicable laws. We believe you should be able to rely on your data being handled in a responsible and confidential way. Our data-protection concept also incorporates contractors who might need your data to carry out an order to your complete satisfaction. It is not our aim to use or pass on personal data without permission and for purposes other than those stated at the time the data was collected.
No provision is made for the creation of personal user profiles.
Some of our web sites have links to the internet sites of other suppliers. In view of the fact that we have no responsibility for these sites, we recommend that you read the information about data protection at these sites in detail.
Should you have any questions or comments about our web sites or our security concept or if you want your personal data to be blocked, please contact us by e-mail at the following address:
B. Information about special internet applications Data protection in connection with orders
When you utilise our online ordering system, we obtain the data from you which is necessary for us to process your order and to provide the agreed-upon services. Mandatory data fields which are being used to collect required data are always clearly designated (with an asterisk).
By providing us with additional optional data, e.g. areas of professional interest, you allow us to offer you numerous advantages:
- Planning your trade fair visit is easier and simpler, because we are able to provide you with targeted technical information in advance of the event.
- You can receive special offers from us or our partners which are specially tailored to your areas of interest.
- You can ensure that your exhibition runs smoothly while benefiting from a wide range of service offers.
This means that you are able to make your own decision as to which data we are to receive about you and your company.
You can find out the conditions under which we process, use or pass on your data to third parties from our information under Items C.4 and C.6.
To ensure the secure transmission of your data, encrypting systems are used so that the communication between your browser and our order system is illegible for any other participants on the internet.
C. Public Procedures Directory
(pursuant to Article 4 e/g of the German Federal Data Protection Act)
1. Name of office responsible:
Messe Frankfurt GmbH, Frankfurt;
Amtsgericht Frankfurt am Main, HRB 6640
2. Board of Management:
Wolfgang Marzin, Detlef Braun, Uwe Behm
Manager entrusted with Information Technology: Dr. Andreas Winckler
3. Address of office responsible:
Ludwig-Erhard-Anlage 1, D-60327 Frankfurt am Main
4. Determining the purpose of collecting, processing or utilizing the data
The Company's objective is to promote the economy by holding trade fairs and exhibitions in Germany and abroad; by holding events or conducting congresses and conferences; and by conducting all activities relating to the trade fair, exhibition, congress and conference business. To achieve this objective, the Company has fair and exhibition facilities, as well as congress and conference rooms, which are used for events or rented out for a reasonable fee. The Company is also entitled to hold events of a sporting, cultural or other nature on its premises or to hire out its facilities for such purposes.
All data collection, processing and utilisation shall take place solely in pursuit of the declared objectives of the company, in particular:
- For carrying out the business process in question
- For information purposes and for event advertising
- For the purpose of market and opinion research
- For event-related service offers
5. Description of the groups of people concerned and the related data or data categories
Per group of people the following data is collected, processed and used in pursuit of the objectives mentioned in section 4:
The exhibition grounds are subjected to video surveillance in order to control traffic and visitor flows and for security purposes. The video images are not utilised for any other purpose.
The personal data of employees, applicants and service providers is utilised for the purpose of internal communications, support, administration and invoicing.
6. Recipients or categories of recipients to whom the data can be provided
- Group companies
- Responsible sales and service partners
- Trade fair and exhibition industry associations
- Those responsible for processing order data
- Exhibitors - always in order to fulfil the purposes under Item 4
- Public bodies, but only when legally obligated to do so
7. Legal deadlines for the restriction on use or deletion of data
Data retention regulations
Data needed for the purposes stated in chapter C.4. will be routinely deleted after the expiration of 10 years. Data will be deleted earlier as soon as knowledge of them is no longer needed to carry out the purpose for which they were recorded or the purpose itself is not longer persued.
Right of objection
Apart from the mandatory data storage for the purposes of conducting business, you have the right to demand at any time that your data not be retained for other purposes. If you want your personal data to be blocked, please contact us by e-mail at the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
In order to ensure that an objection to the utilisation for advertising purposes of personal data that has been collected can be complied with at all times. It is necessary to continuously maintain all objections in a "restricted list".
8. Transfer of data to countries outside of the EU